Finished up modeling the half part of the substation. It’s going to look really cool when unwrapped and textured. I also finally figured out how to instance those substance textures to use in the landscape. Only problem is it doesn’t look that great. I need to do some more fine tuning of the landscape heightmaps themselves for know. Because currently the rock is filling with the snow heightmap and creating some weird looking textures blends.
Finished up the generator, finished the blockout out, and started working on the modular generator and pipeline set. I’m creating different angled pipe pieces to move through the terrain. Just plugging away at my asset list, hopefully finishing all modeled pieces by the end of this week. Then I can work on the foliage.
Alright so currently moving ahead of schedule. I generated an Alpine terrain in World Machine and then exported it to Unreal. Next I made some quick place holder textures and exported the heightmaps to texture all the terrain. I blocked in the village and the generators, along with the procedural forests. Finally, I used heightmaps and added in the terrains, changing some colors and fixing the snow areas.
For this project this semester, I am going to do something more humble in Unreal. I am doing these geothermal generators placed along a rural snowy landscape. These asset list is small, because I want the assets themselves to be done well. I’m really excited to begin this. Lighting will be really important to this scene, as well as texturing the larger generators. The last quarter of this semester will be focused on creating particles and blueprints for this scene, just to round myself out as an Unreal Environment Artist.
Well, I’ve made a lot more progress this week. I started pushing out more assets and solidifying the exterior and making more interior assets. I estimate I have about 30 more assets to create, as the bedroom is empty. This weekend and next week will be focused on that.
This week has been a lot of focus on the 445 project, I’ve been pushing a ton new assets on that end. I was only able to model and texture a few living room assets. I also fixed any of the roughness values on the unreal engine end.
For this week I new that the outside part of the house needed some more structural aesthetic. I also fixed some more lighting pieces. Next week is going to be heavy importing of assets.